ProSporeProSpore is a safe, easy to process, self-contained biological indicator for validating and monitoring steam sterilization of liquids. ProSpore consists of a sealed glass ampoule containing Geobacillus stearothermophilus spores suspended in growth media. A pH indicator of bromocresol purple has been added to assist in detecting spore growth. The outgrowth of spores decreases pH, causing a color change from purple to yellow. A shorter incubation period allows a validated 48 hour result.
|Item #||Item Description||Usage - Purpose||Stk-unit|
|3471||ProSpore glass ampoule||Self contained sealed biological indicator suspension||10/Box|
|3571||ProSpore glass ampoule||Self contained sealed biological indicator suspension||50/Box|
To order our products, please contact us for our nearest distributor
Place one or more ProSpore Biological Indicators in the most difficult location to sterilize (usually near the drain or suspended in a volume of liquid). Run Cycle.
Caution: After sterilization, handle ampules with care. Contents of the ampule are hot and under pressure. Failure to allow sufficient cooling time
(10-15 minutes) may result in bursting of the ampule.
Place the ampule in a vertical position in an incubator maintaining 55º - 60ºC. Mark a control ampule as such and incubate along with processed ampules to ensure
spore viability. HealthLink recommends an incubation time of 48 hours.
Examine the ProSpore ampules daily during incubation. Record observations. All Positive vials should be recorded and then disposed of immediately.
- Control: The control vial should exhibit a color change and/or turbidity. If the control ampule does not show signs of growth, consider the test invalid.
- Test: A failed sterilization cycle is indicated by turbidity of a change in color to or toward yellow. A test ampule that retains its purple color indicates
an adequate sterilization cycle.
- Resistance Characteristics: In saturated steam at 121ºC:
- Survival Time (in minutes) = not less than (labeled D-value) x [(log10 labeled spore count) - 2]*
- Kill time (in minutes) = not more than (labeled D-value) x [(log10 labeled spore count) + 4]*